This page contains forms to use for your writing assignments, arranged per chapter. The forms are in Word, which allow them to be completed digitally, saved and printed.
1 The writing process: dos and dont's
2 Getting started
- A journal article: identifying procedures, process and product
- Setting the scene for BA/MA writers
- Setting the scene for PhD writers
3 Picturing your research: what are you going to research and why?
4 Picturing your research: how
5 The thesis: table of contents, time schedule, and writing out the plan
6 Planning and reading for a short writing assignment (essay or paper)
- Disciplinary embedding (short writing assignment)
- Literature matrix
- Main question and sub-questions (short writing assignment)
- Narrowing down the research topic
- Picturing the what (short writing assignment)
9 Preparing and writing the first draft
11 The second revision: style and finishing
To open the PDF file, you need the free Adobe Reader, which you can download here.